Chamacos Dance Company and ProyectoTeatro presents Asteroid B-612
ProyectoTeatro and Chamacos Dance Company will present a contemporary dance evening featuring works by local and international choreographers.
The first act includes:
- Fusion Cubana: A fiery and playful piece that combines elements of Cuban Salsa, Rumba and Afro-Cuban Folklore. Choreographer: Aurelio Planes Rodriguez
- ProprioKinesico: A quartet that explores the capacity of perception of one's own body and the expressive, appellative or communicative meaning of body movements; gestures. Choreographer: Aurelio Planes Rodriguez
- Detras Del Muro: A duet Featuring Luis Ordaz and Rachel Nayer choreographed by Yoel Gonzalez.
- The Perspective: A solo inspired the Businessman character from The Little Prince by A. de Saint-Exupery. Dancer: Emily Heath. Choreographer: Aurelio Planes Rodriguez
The second act includes:
- NudoDESnudo. A research of childhood memories entangled in nostalgia, blockage, and the unresolved ancestral grief. Unveiling emotional knots derived from war, abandonment, displacement, exile and the longing to return. Choreographer/Performer: Irma Villafuerte, a guest artist from Toronto, Canada.
- Asteroid B-612. It is a movement interpretation by Chamacos Dance Company ProyectoTeatro of Le Petit Prince (The Little Prince), the beloved fable of French author Antoine de Saint-Exupéry. By using contemporary dance, theater, and multimedia modalities, eight adults and six children dancers will explore the virtues of kindness, friendship, love, and (most of all) an appreciation for the simple things in life. Choreographer: Aurelio Planes Rodriguez