GoodLife Realty presents 2016 Austin Modern Home Tour
The Austin Modern Home Tour highlights and promotes the collaborative exchange between real estate professionals, architects, and developers and invites Austinites to view incredible examples of modern design, construction, and interiors at 12 homes around Austin.
Visit Frank Farkash of Moonstower, who created a homeowner’s perfect, warm and minimalistic space with just 1,100 square feet. Designing with a simple palette and close-quaratered neighbors in mind, Farkash utilized exposed plywood and structural elements, blackened steel, clear sealed cedar and pine, and up-and-out window and door view to open up the small East Austin home. And don’t miss Kipp Flores Architects’ hilltop modern home with balcony views stretching out 8-10 miles. Built with Thurman Homes, this vibrant, wood-framed design is efficiently constructed with clean, subtle angles, an environmentally controlled heating and cooling crawlspace, and disguised appliances that blend in with each room’s design.
Homes on the tour include:
- 806 Lincoln Street, Austin, TX 78702 (Moontower)
- 1907 Barton Parkway, Austin, TX 78704 (Chris Cobb Architecture)
- 2002 Peoples Street, Austin, TX 78702 (Newcastle Homes and un.box studio)
- 2405 Rockingham Circle, Austin, TX 78704 (Steve Zagorski Architect)
- 2510 Trail of Madrones, Austin, TX 78746 (Sago International)
- 2708 Townes Lane, Austin, TX 78703 (Bercy Chen Studio)
- 3305 Garden Villa, Unit A, Austin, TX 78704 (North Arrow Studio)
- 3305 Hyclimb Circle, Austin, TX 78723 (Thurman Homes and Kipp Flores Architects)
- 4500 Amarra Drive, Austin, TX 78735 (Laura Britt Design)
- 5908 Florencia Lane, Austin, TX 78724 (Barley | Pfeiffer Architecture)
- 8106 Hickory Creek, Austin, TX 78735 (GoodLife Luxury Realty Estate)
- 8938 Wimberly Cove, Austin, TX 78735 (Collaborated Works)