Thinkery presents Thinkery21: Science of Sex
At Thinkery21, grown-ups can enjoy an evening at the Thinkery on their own. They close the museum to kids and let adults, ages 21 and up, eat, drink and mingle while experiencing innovative science, and art.
This is not your average Thinkery event. From wafting aromatic plants that arouse the senses to paper crafting to anatomical models. Thinkery21: Science of Sex explores the ins and outs of attraction, sex, and reproduction.
Activities will include:
- Potent Potions – Can scents seduce? Ethnobotanist, Dr. MollyO discusses the science and chicanery of aromatherapy, its role in love and romance, and its effects on your mood and motivations.
- Sexpertise – Test your knowledge with Sex Ed Trivia and Moontower Counseling.
- Dirty Dancing – Get slow and sultry as Go Dance teaches you the moves to woo that special someone.
- The Joys of Biodiversity – Protect wildlife with Endangered Species Condoms! Learn how with the Center for Biological Diversity.
- Anatomical Origami – It’s the ancient art of paper folding with a reproductive biology twist.
- Gallery of the Erotic – Tour local Austin artist Tee Hollow’s photography exhibition.
- Rainbow Alphabet Soup – Join Shane Whalley in demystifying the ingredients of the LGBTQIA rainbow.
- Evil Wiener Food Truck - Satisfy your earthly cravings with classic American hot dogs presented in new and exciting ways.