The Trail of Lights Foundation presents 54th Annual Austin Trail of Lights
The Trail of Lights Foundation presents the 54th annual Austin Trail of Lights, featuring over two million lights, 65+ displays, 30 food trucks, three entertainment stages, 50 private holiday parties and interactive experiences throughout the park. Some new highlights include a 13-foot illuminated carriage, 12 seven-foot lighted guitars commemorating Austin’s musical roots and a 25-foot spiral holiday tree.
Specialty nights include:
- November 25: The Annual Zilker Holiday Tree Lighting Ceremony kicks off the holiday season in Zilker Park. Now in its 52nd year, the Zilker Holiday Tree stands 155 feet tall and is built around one of Austin’s historic moontowers. Food vendors and other merchants will operate at the tree throughout the month of December.
- December 1: The Annual Trail of Lights Fun Run
- December 2, 3 and 4: The Fifth Annual STARS
- December 8: Night Lights, the Fifth Annual Preview Party. The event will feature headlining entertainment, food tastings from Austin restaurants and specialty activities
- December 10: Austin Trail of Lights Grand Opening will officially open the Trail of Lights to the public
- December 11: Heroes Night will feature specialty programming and honor all first responders, including current and veteran military, police, fire and EMS personnel with special ZIP access for Heroes and their families.