Hungry, Austin? The foodie news just wouldn't quit this week, thanks to some exciting words from our favorite Top Chef and a couple national nominations from Bon Apetit.
Before you head out for proper summer weekend activities, join us as we recap the most read stories from CultureMap this week. These hot clicks are gauranteed to make you hungry, thirsty and maybe a little rowdy (Hook 'Em!).
- We know how important beer is to Texas, and in 2011, the craft beer industry had a $608 million impact on the state. But studies show this could grow to $5.6 billion by 2020... if legislation supports it.
- Does Austin have the country's best new restaurant? Bon Apetit seems to think we could. Elizabeth Street Cafe and Lenoir are nominated among 50 restaurants from across the country.
- Texas' favorite Top Chef, Paul Qui, spoke up this week to clarify that he'll open not one, but three, new Austin eateries.
- We got an exclusive spotting of Big Boi at ABIA on Tuesday afternoon before his guest appearance at the FADER + vitaminwater event.
- It's no surprise that the University of Texas ranked high on The Daily Beast's list of most partying colleges.
That's it for this week's food-centric edition of Hot Clicks. We'll see you next week.