It feels like spring is just about to break in Austin (we suppose it's never too soon for patio weather…) and stories about upcoming warm-weather events took the cake as the most read topics this week.
Let's review what we have to look forward to:
1. Paul Qui went on the record about his much anticipated restaurant concept QUI, opening on the East Side before SXSW.
2. The Lonestar Jam released its Texas country lineup and expands to two days in May.
3. A great mix of young movers and shakers in a variety of industries were announced as the finalists in the Austin Under 40 awards, coming later this month.
4. An Austin writer considers whether the Alamo Drafthouse skews too white and male in its programming.
5. And last but not least, three Austin restaurants fail their health inspections but quickly right their course for a brighter, cleaner future.
We have even more announcements this week, including CultureMap's Tastemaker awards. It would behoove you to keep one eye on this site at all times.