Editor's note: There's so much that's beautiful, funny, smart and informative on the Internet. Problem is, there's also a bunch of garbage. Here's the best of the web right now:
1. Here's how to predict the weather using your cat. No matter where you live, this winter has been wild. We are pretty sure meteorologists just make up their predictions by flipping a coin, so why not put your faith in someone a little more reliable? Like your cat.
2. Olympics pairs figure skaters minus men are totally magical. By now, the original allure of the winter Olympics is fading. We've seen so many ice-laden competitions that they are all starting to look the same. Thankfully, Buzzfeed and a healthy dose of Photoshop are here to entertain us anew.
3. Delighted health insurance executives gather in outdoor coliseum to watch patient battle cancer. The Onion chimes in with its typical — and timely — satire of U.S. healthcare. “He’s putting up a pretty strong fight, but they really need to put an end to this soon. He’s starting to cost way more than he puts into his annual policy,” the article reads.
4. Michael Sam returns to Mizzou and gets a standing ovation. If you're looking for renewed faith in humanity, then this video of Michael Sam entering a Mizzou stadium to loud cheers and welcoming signs ought to do the trick. Sam, the first openly gay college football player, hoists the team's Cotton Bowl trophy over his head, and the crowd goes wild.
5. Power laces for Marty McFly's Nike Air Mag shoes are coming next year. The future is now, people.