Editor's note: There's so much that's beautiful, funny, smart and informative on the Internet. Problem is, there's also a bunch of garbage. Here's the best of the web right now:
1. Dear Winter, we're through. Leave now. Love, everyone. Sure, the past couple of days have been pleasant enough, but it's March, and there's talk of yet another winter blast. This is not okay, universe. Spring break is in two weeks, and we can hardly wait.
2. Watch Shaq and Jimmy Fallon trade clothes. Sometimes humor requires biting wit and clever word play. Other times, it's as simple as a regular-sized guy wearing a giant coat.
3. Jeff Gordon pulls elaborate prank on skeptical journalist. Considering that journalists earn a living by doubting what others accept as fact, it's understandable that automotive reporter Travis Okulski had reservations about Pepsi Max's commercial with Jeff Gordon. Okulski was adamant it was a fake. But after Gordon took him for a surprise test drive, Okulski is officially a believer.
4. This is probably the most unconventional friendship ever. Penny the experimental chicken and Roo the disabled Chihuahua weren't supposed to be best friends. And that's why it's awesome. Metapicture has all the deets, including holiday photo shoots and bedtime snuggles.
5. The many different doughnuts of Mardi Gras. Fat Tuesday is nearly upon us, and that means it's as good a time as any to delve deeper into the world of doughnuts. NPR reports that the sugary breakfast treat originated in the medieval era as a way to splurge before Lent. And now you know.