Editor's note: The sun is shining, the temperatures are rising, and if you ask us, this is a prime patio weather. But before we kick back, relax, and enjoy a margarita, let's peruse the top stories of the week.
1. A guide to surviving what is surely the worst winter in Austin history. Remember on Tuesday when it was rainy and miserable and we hadn't seen the sun in a million days? They don't call it gloom and done for nothing, and this is the guide that got us through.
2. Prepare to paw-ty at POP Cats 2018, Austin's first cat-only convention. This isn't just a tall tail, folks. In August, POP Cats is clawing its way to the Palmer Events Center for a weekend celebrating all things feline. Friends both furry and human are welcome to join, but dogs are not allowed. (They don't have the right cat-itude.)
3. Austin couple's romance leads from Rainey Street to the wedding aisle. Who says you won't find true love on Rainey Street? Not this couple. After a whirlwind romance, Brooke Simmons and Andrew Grabato said "I do" in style at the Bullock Texas State History Museum.
4. See and be seen at Austin's 14 must-attend social events of 2018. We Austinites get invited to a lot of parties and events. This year, we rounded up the very best based on philanthropy, cool factor, and of course, fun.
5. Former Uchiko chef makes a splash with anticipated North Lamar seafood eatery and raw bar. If it was acceptable to our nutritionist or our bank account, we would only eat seafood — especially raw oysters and rose — at every single meal. With a former Uchiko chef leading the kitchen, pristine interiors, and a killer menu, Guild is a sea lover's landlocked dream come true.