APA! firmly believes that every safe, healthy animal has a right to life. Luckily, Mattie found his way to the open-arms organization before it was too late. See below for more information.
Breed: Domestic Shorthair Mix
Current weight: 3 pounds
Adult size: Medium
Age: 11 months
Adoption Donation: $125
Location: Foster home
Surprise fact: He walks around doing handstands!
What APA! says about Mattie:
- He's a resilient boy: Mattie was born with his hind legs fused together; though he's not able to jump or climb, he agilely makes his way around in handstand stance.
- He loves to sit in a chair where he can comfortably perch his heiney. (See photo)
- He loves to be held.
Why APA! says Mattie deserves your love:
- Mattie has faced a lot of adversity, but that doesn't stop him from being upbeat, playful and attentive to his foster parents.
- He is not able to control his bowels or bladder so he needs a special home that can make sure he stays clean. Since he loves to snuggle against someone's chest so much, all you have to do is put a size 1 diaper on him and the two of you are set to cuddle and watch TV.
- Purchasing diapers will never be a worry. A generous donor has stepped up to send Mattie's owner diapers and a bag of kibble every two months for the rest of his life.
In summary: If you're patient, responsible and committed to the belief that all animals deserve to be treated equal (they do!), welcome Mattie into your heart and home. He will be forever grateful.
To donate or adopt Mattie, call APA! today at 512-961-6519.