KVUE -- The 87th annual Clyde Littlefield Texas Relays start Wednesday in Austin. Officials say alternative routes have been arranged for people commuting downtown on Friday and Saturday evening.
Street closures may begin as early as 6 pm on Friday and Saturday. East Sixth Street between Brazos Street and the west frontage road of Interstate 35 will be closed. The 500 and 600 blocks of Sabine, Red River, Neches, Trinity and San Jacinto will also be closed.
The following streets may also be intermittently closed when necessary:
- Fifth and Sixth from the east frontage road of I-35 to San Marcos Street
- Southbound I-35 exit ramps at Eighth, Seventh, Sixth and Cesar Chavez
- Northbound Sixth Street exit ramp
- Sixth Street between the east frontage road of I-35 and San Marcos Street
- Brushy Street between Fifth and Seventh
Police will be monitoring intersections to ensure that people don't enter blocked areas. All streets will be monitored.
Police encourage drivers to use MoPac Expressway, Congress Avenue, Martin Luther King Boulevard, Guadalupe Street or Lamar Boulevard to get downtown.
Read the story on KVUE.com.