Editor's note: Homes for the homeless and new nonstop flights lead this round of top stories. Read on for more of the week's most popular headlines.
1. East Austin village opens, renting houses to homeless for $225 a month. On April 2, East Austin's Community First Village opened after years of anticipation. The groundbreaking village features 140 tiny homes available for rent.
2. Southwest launches nonstop flight from Austin to hot summer travel spot. Planning a summer getaway in New Mexico just got easier. Southwest Airlines confirmed that it is launching new nonstop service between Austin-Bergstrom International Airport and Albuquerque International Sunport.
3. The 11 most exciting startups in Austin right now. SXSW has come to an end, but the city is still buzzing over some of the groundbreaking technologies on display. We complied some of the hottest Austin startups to keep an eye on this year, because what starts here does indeed change the world.
4. Eight under-the-radar restaurants you must try on Burnet Road. Burnet Road used to be that weird street where you'd go to buy mattresses or get your car repaired. Now, it’s an (almost) walkable mecca of restaurants. You probably know most of the buzzy spots to get a bite, so we're giving the lesser-known Burnet faves a turn in the spotlight.
5. Austin nabs new restaurant devoted to dishing out brunch seven days a week. Who says brunch can only be enjoyed on the weekends? With the arrival of Snooze, an A.M. Eatery in Austin comes the freedom to have breakfast and brunch every day of the week.