Editor's note: Over the course of a week, we come across dozens of newsy tidbits and interesting links that we want to share with you. For this weekly roundup, we gathered all the news we found hip, transformative and magical.
1. Why hipsters all look the same (according to math). A French mathematician says he has created a formula to explain the "hipster paradox," why hipsters seem so similar even though they claim to be so unique.
2. John Legend went to jail in Austin. The Grammy Award-winning artist stopped by the Travis Correctional Complex and the Capitol to protest mass incarceration during his Free America campaign.
3. Paul Qui's transformation from troublemaker to celebrity chef. From working at Orange Julius to being the world's worst drug dealer, the local chef dishes on his life's story.
4. A list of the emojis that Texans wish existed. BuzzFeed asked its Lone Star readers to reveal all the Texas-themed emojis that don't exist (but totally should), including a taco, Beyoncé and a bottle of Shiner Bock.
5. The University of Texas Quidditch team just won the World Cup. For the third year in a row. Take that, Slytherin, I mean, Lone Star Quidditch Club.