Editor's note: Over the course of a week, we come across dozens of newsy tidbits and interesting links that we want to share with you. For this weekly roundup, we gathered all the news we found controversial, innovative and inspirational.
1. Taco Cannon controversy surrounds Fun Fun Fun Fest. A Nebraska taco joint is getting national media attention for its new Taco Cannon, and Fun Fun Fun Fest ain't too happy about it.
2. "La Lotería" mural on East Cesar Chavez will be restored. Following public outcry after a SXSW art project painted over the iconic east side mural, the project managers announced that they are working to restore the original painting.
3. Willie Nelson and Merle Haggard released a pot anthem on April 20. The duo released a music video for "It's All Going to Pot" ahead of their joint album release this summer (pun intended).
4. This UT grad has changed tailgating forever. A father-son duo has invented the "Grillmobile," a mobile barbecue pit that easily attaches to the bed of a pickup truck.
5. Police Chief Art Acevedo is not on board with "open carry." Acevedo details his thoughts on the bill in a video interview.
6. KUT wins big. Austin's public radio station won two prestigious Edward R. Murrow regional awards for exceptional feature and documentary news pieces.