A massive tornado ripped through neighborhoods in Moore, Oklahoma, near Oklahoma City, this week. Houses have been destroyed, as well as two elementary schools. At least 24 people were killed, including at least seven children, and those numbers were expected to climb.
Below is a list of ways you can help the victims of this tragedy. If you would like to add to this list, email information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Red Cross: Text "REDCROSS" to 90999 to make a $10 donation to victims.
- Salvation Army: Call 1-800-ARMY. You can also donate online here or text the word STORM to 80888 to make a $10 donation.
- Austin Disaster Relief Network: Go here to donate.
- The Blood Center of Central Texas. Go here to learn how you can donate blood.
- Feeding America: Call 1-800-910-5524, or donate online here.
- United Methodist Committee on Relief: Support relief efforts with a gift here (100% of the donation will be given directly to US Disaster Response). Relief kits are also appreciated here.
Read the full story on KVUE.com.