Pajama Sam is an animal who has beat all odds: He was cured of Parvo, survived a negligent upbringing and handles a hearing impairment in stride. Nothing about his hard-knock life has made him angry or unpredictable; in fact, he's often kept in the front office of APA! because of his sweet, gentle and polite disposition.
Name: Pajama Sam
Adult size: Large
Age: 3 years, 1 month
Adoption donation: $100
Location: Foster home
Surprise fact: Pajama Sam is practicing basic hand sign language with APA! so he can learn commands like any hearing-abled dog. His impairment does not affect him one bit.
What APA! says about Pajama Sam:
- He's been the staff office dog on multiple occasions because has the perfect temperament for it: polite to people and dogs alike.
- To wake Pajama Sam up, give a gentle blow to his face. To get his attention, give him a little tap. It never startles him.
- He gets along great with other dogs and even cats: He's respectful of their temperament and space and tolerates a lot of sniffing when meeting new friends.
- He doesn't bark much and does great on restaurant patios.
Why APA! says Pajama Sam deserves your love:
- Pajama Sam was a victim of neglect, but just like his hearing impairment, his rough past doesn't affect him one bit.
- He's been treated/cured from Parvo through APA!'s medical clinic.
- He loves getting kisses on his head and likes to give kisses too. His foster parent says he is a wonderful boy who likes to sleep next to and follow his human around to receive love.
Adopt Pajama Sam if: You have a full home, like quiet pets, and enjoy cuddling.
To donate or adopt Pajama Sam, contact APA! through the organization's website.