From dog-friendly hangouts to unusual brunch spots, this roundup of top stories has the (official) start of summer in mind. Kick off the summer solstice with these popular reads.
1. 10 of the most dog-friendly hangouts in Austin
Contributor Veronica Meewes gives us the lowdown on 10 of best places — patios, restaurants, hybrid dog parks — for you and Fido to chill this season.
2. Bloody Mary or bust: 7 unusual brunch spots
Ah, the wonderful weekend pastime that is brunch. Managing Editor Katie Friel takes you on a tour of seven off-the-radar spots.
3. A 2,300-pound great white shark is speeding toward Texas
According to researchers, great white shark Katharine is headed for the Texas coast. If she stays on course, she could reach us within two weeks.
4. Less expensive than Wal-Mart? It may be cheaper to buy these items at Whole Foods
A recent article by Kiplinger in Daily Finance found almost 20 common grocery items and foodstuff that are cheaper to buy at Whole Foods than just about anywhere else.
5. Dai Due brings al fresco dining and butcher shop to new Manor Road space
A longtime staple at farmers markets and special venues around town, Dai Due will open its permanent home at 2406 Manor Road in just a few weeks.