Editor's note: A new mixed-use development and Austin celebrity’s for-sale home lead this round of top stories. Read on for more of the week's most popular headlines.
1. Creative development unveiled near Austin’s massive new public market. Austin has an affinity for taking something old and making it new again, revitalizing struggling areas of the city and turning them into hot destinations. The latest of which is The Yard, a new mixed-use development for creative businesses.
2. Basketball star's stunning Austin mansion is a $5 million slam dunk. Want to live the baller life? While we can’t promise an NBA contract, you can walk in the shoes of Los Angeles Clippers player J.J. Redick — for the right price. Redick’s stunning Austin mansion is on the market for $5 million.
3. This is what discerning travelers love about Austin. It gets pretty exhausting being the best at everything. Humble brag aside, Austin is once again in the spotlight, this time as part of Travel + Leisure’s coveted World’s Best Awards.
4. The biggest restaurant closures of 2016 (so far). It’s been a rather unpredictable year for Austin restaurants — for every opening it seems we've encountered a surprising shutter. We take a look back at the 13 biggest restaurant closures of 2016 so far.
5. Highly anticipated Boiler Nine transforms Seaholm into Austin’s hottest new restaurant. The wait is over for Boiler Nine, one of the most anticipated Austin restaurant openings in recent memory. The ambitious three-level concept from La Corsha Hospitality Group at the renovated Seaholm Power Plant is now in full operation.