Editor's note: Real estate rumblings and September happenings lead this round of top stories. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Austin drops dramatically on list of America's best real estate markets. Texas is busy dominating a list of the most attractive real estate markets in the U.S. But this year, Austin's not one of them.
2. This is the salary you need to buy a house in Austin right now. Mortgage resource HSH.com has crunched the numbers to find the yearly salary needed to afford the principal, interest, taxes, and insurance payments on a median-priced home in Austin, and it's one of the highest in the nation.
3. Texas grants license to first medical marijuana producer in the state. The Texas Department of Public Safety has granted a license to grow medical marijuana to Cansortium Texas, one of three companies that earned approval from the state. The grant was given on September 1, and it will allow the program to get underway after more than two years of planning.
4. Beloved Austin burger joint unexpectedly closes after moving to new location. Say adios to El Sapo. The burger joint from El Chile Group unexpectedly closed its doors on September 2.
5. These are the 10 best things to do in Austin this month. There is plenty to do this month in Austin, with activities ranging from Harvey relief efforts to postponed Pride events and a handful of must-see musical performance.