Another week has come and gone, and there was a lot of sad news to report, including the unexpected death of a former Austin media personality and a brutal attack on an Ole Miss student. Then, of course, there was the tragedy that was UT vs. Ole Miss. On the bright side, there are lots of exciting restaurant openings on the horizon. So read the highlights from this past week, and then go and enjoy your weekend.
1. Former YNN Austin reporter Asa George was found dead in the bathtub of her Wisconsin apartment. Relatives told investigators that George had battled alcoholism for years.
2. University of Mississippi student Carson Otter was in Austin for the Ole Miss football game against UT when he was attacked near the intersection of East 7th Street and Trinity Street.
3. Contributor Jessica Dupuy names her picks for the most anticipated restaurant openings this fall.
4. Texas played another game of Texas fold 'em against Ole Miss last weekend. Michael Corcoran's recap is more fun to read than the game was to watch.
5. Katherine Reddick, a psychology consultant for the Pflugerville Independent School District, didn't have very nice things to say about her recently deceased mother. Her obit went viral.