Editor's note: More bar and restaurant closures lead this round of top stories. Read on for more of the week's most popular headlines.
1. Popular Austin restaurant famous for brunch closes its doors. Austin diners, prepare for another closure. Beloved South Austin restaurant Olivia, one of Austin's first farm-to-table concepts, will shutter on Sunday, October 9.
2. East Austin bar closes and another takes over in surprising switch-up. Badlands, the dive bar, music venue, and gourmet hot dog spot at 12th and Chicon streets, is closing at the end of the month. East Sixth Street staple Rio Rita Lounge will move in.
3. Where to eat in Austin right now: Five hot restaurants for something new. Fall is here, which means chefs are busy refreshing their menus and adding new dishes to reflect the change of season. We've rounded up five hot Austin restaurants with fresh fall options for lunch and dinner.
4. Only one housing market is more popular than Austin right now. With more than 100 people moving to the city every day, it should come as no surprise that Austin's one of the hottest searches on real estate websites. A survey from Zillow says people looking for homes outside their current area search for Austin properties more than any other city in the United States — except San Francisco.
5. Texan invents magical wand that waves away wine hangovers. In excellent news for wine lovers, a new product created by a Texan dramatically reduces the side effects associated with drinking the stuff. Called The Wand by PureWine, it makes the vino-drinking experience more pleasant — especially the next morning.