Brace yourselves: Austin City Limits Music Festival has begun. If you're trying to navigate to Zilker Park — or completely avoid the area — here are a few things to note for both weekends of ACL.
Festival goers can no longer get dropped off or picked up near Robert E. Lee Road. The section of Barton Springs Road between Lamar Boulevard and Sterzing Street will only be open for neighborhood access. All others will be redirected away from the area.
A full list of road closures is as follows:
All day Friday, Saturday, and Sunday:
- West Fourth Street between Guadalupe Street and Nueces Street
- San Antonio Street between West Third Street and West Fourth Street
- Partial lane closure on West Fifth Street between Guadalupe Street and Nueces Street
Midnight Friday through early Monday morning:
- Barton Springs Road between Sterzing Street and Rollingwood Drive
- Stratford Drive between Barton Springs Road and Nature Center Trail
Zilker Botanical Gardens and the Austin Nature & Science Center will be closed during the six days of the festival. However, Barton Springs Pool will remain open for festival-goers who need to cool off and the adventurous Austinite who doesn't mind braving the masses.
The Great Lawn at Zilker Park will be closed through October 23 to allow for deconstruction and lawn repair.