Editor's note: Real estate trends dominate this round of top stories in Austin. Read on for more of the week's most popular headlines.
1. Local suburb deemed one of America's 20 best small cities. Texas cities always do well on surveys of the best places to live, and a new report places one Austin-area suburb in its top 20. WalletHub recently released its 2016 list of the best small cities in America, and Cedar Park ranks No. 16.
2. Austin declared the No. 1 real estate market to invest in. The hottest real estate market to invest in 2017? It's Austin, of course. That's according to the annual Emerging Trends in Real Estate report, which includes interviews and surveys from leading real estate experts to determine the top markets to watch.
3. The five most expensive Austin neighborhoods to rent right now. After a surprising rent decrease this summer, Austin rents are on the rise, albeit minimally. The latest quarterly report from rental website Zumper shows that the median one-bedroom rent across the city is now $1,120, up $10 from June 2016. While that may seem insignificant, the increase is affecting some areas greater than others.
4. The ultimate guide to Austin's brand-new Sound on Sound music festival. The inaugural Sound on Sound Fest takes over Sherwood Forest Faire November 4-6 with big-name acts like Beach House, Explosions in the Sky, and Phantogram. To help you navigate the festival we've created a quick and dirty guide that covers everything from transportation to entertainment.
5. Favorite online shop selects trendy Austin district for first store ever. After popping up in Austin for a limited time in the spring, online boutique ModCloth is planting roots in the Capital City. The lifestyle brand, known for its vintage-inspired women's clothing, will open its first permanent storefront on November 12 in the 2nd Street District.