In this week's top stories we've got everything from tips for fighting dreaded cedar fever to props for one of Austin's hot new restaurants.
Read on for a full recap of CultureMap's five biggest stories of the week.
1. A new East Austin restaurant has been deemed one of the best in the country (and it's not qui).
2. Your next flight from Austin could be layover free: Southwest is adding new daily nonstop flights and bringing back a few favorites.
3. In honor of allergy season, we've rounded up some alternative remedies to fighting cedar fever.
4. A Central Texas meteorologist is recovering after being shot in a TV station parking lot.
5. These must-see holiday light displays are just a short road trip from Austin.