Editor's note: Whether you're heading out of town for the holidays or hosting at home, we hope you enjoy these next few days. But before you log off, take a peek at the five stories that had Austin talking all week long.
1. Iconic Austin tavern up for sale for undisclosed amount. Lamar Boulevard's The Tavern, a local institution since 1933, is now up for sale. As one Facebook commenter pointed out, "But what about our air conditioning?"
2. Killer views for sale at Hollywood star's plush $3.5 million Lake Austin home. Dennis Quaid's 5,000-square-foot home has views of the Pennybacker Bridge and Texas Hill Country. (Also, if the photos are any indication, he's really into coral.)
3. Longtime craft beer bar taps out of Central Austin. The Flying Saucer soars out of town January 1.
4. Austin City Council picks 24 Diner and Parkside over Threadgill’s in airport food fight. Said the mayor, "This is a really, really, really hard call for me."
5. Austin-based dating app Bumble slams user after nasty messages go viral. Austin's homegrown dating app chastised (and permanently banned) a user after his nasty messages to a potential match were written about in the U.K. press. Moral of this story? Act like a jerk on Bumble and you might get stung.