Editor's note: Take a deep breath — this time next week, the city will be teeming with badged festival-goers, bands, and what we can only imagine is 9 million Lime scooters. In this calm before the storm, let's take a moment to reflect on our week's most-read stories.
1. Austin condo with 360-degree downtown views hits the market for $25 million. For those of us with $25 million lying around, this luxe condo (located atop the Four Seasons Austin, of course) has it all. For the rest of us, it's nice to look at the pretty pictures and imagine waking up in the most luxurious home in Austin.
2. Austin's newest rooftop lounge opens soon with downtown views and $60 mai tai. For those of us with $25 million lying around, this $60 mai tai has it all. (Kidding, kidding.) The glam Line Austin has finally opened its final concept, a new rooftop lounge awash in pastels and killer views.
3. SXSW's free outdoor concert series returns to Auditorium Shores with killer lineup. SX's free gift returns with a lineup including Patty Griffin, Andrew Bird, X Ambassadors, and more. Best part? It's free and open to all, with or without a Southby badge.
4. Austin area population growth for 2019 among highest in U.S., says new report. Fifty thousand new residents are expected to move into town this year, according to the City of Austin demographer. Let's just hope they know how to use a turn signal.
5. Austin real estate titan set to topple coworking giant WeWork in 2019. WeWork is currently the queen of coworking, but one Austin-based real estate developer is fixing to change all that.