Editor's note: SXSW, we hate see you leave, but love to watch you go. Before we get back to business as usual (and less traffic), let's take a look at the week's top stories.
1. 25-minute hyperloop from Austin to Dallas on fast track with push from federal government. A proposed hyperloop that would connect all of Texas' major metro areas got a big push from the feds this week. During SXSW, U.S. Secretary of Transportation Elaine Chao announced the creation of a new transportation technology council that will aim to clear regulatory and legal roadblocks for the traffic-busting Virgin Hyperloop One concept and similar transit innovations. Does this mean no more I-35?
2. This is the best place to buy a house in the Austin area, experts say. Buying a home anywhere can overwhelming. Buying a home in Austin can be downright anxiety-inducing. Zillow recently drilled into the Austin market to find out the best neighborhoods to purchase an affordable home. Spoiler alert — it's not in the city center.
3. Where to find beautiful bluebonnets and wildflowers around Austin in 2019. It feels like overnight we went from gloomy days and bare trees to bright mornings and even brighter green landscapes. With the green comes wildflowers. Here are the best places around Austin to revel in this wonderful spring tradition.
4. New Korean fried chicken chain nests in troubled Central Austin location. Urban Outfitters' Space 24 has been a revolving door of concepts since it opened in 2015. The latest is a Korean fried chicken chain — will it have wings?
5. The 5 buzzy SXSW films everyone is talking about at this year's festival. These are the five films that debuted at SXSW and are predicted to be pretty big once they hit the theaters. Get to know more about them before they hit the mainstream.