Editor's note: Just one more day, folks. One more day until our city's weird, wild, exhausting, and thrilling 10-day festival comes to end. Unsurprisingly, SXSW stories dominated this week's hot headlines from free concerts to downtown's best dishes. But what else had people talking?
1. SXSW's free 3-day concert series takes over Auditorium Shores with all-star lineup. SXSW's signature event returned to Auditorium Shores this weekend. Saturday's finale includes sets from Roky Erickson, Shinyribs, A Giant Dog, Night Drive, and Bidi Bidi Banda. With the last day of South by coinciding with St. Patrick's Day, we're pretty sure this will be one blow out party.
2. 12 rising star chefs taking the Austin restaurant scene by storm. Our annual Tastemaker Awards return on April 12, but before they do, we're taking an in-depth look at the best from our city's food scene. This week, we met 12 of Austin's best up-and-coming chefs.
3. Austin's signature athletic brand scores $34 million for new stores and styles. While some publications seemed oddly dismissive about Outdoor Voices securing $35 million in funding "for yoga pants," we're celebrating this major win by a locally owned, woman-led company that has built its entire philosophy around getting people to take part in recreational activities together.
4. 9 delicious dishes you must try downtown during SXSW. From scoops of gelato to divine kolache, these are nine very specific, very delicious dishes worth coming downtown for. Sure, SXSW may be coming to a close, but us lucky Austinites get to try these dishes all year long.
5. 11 perfect Austin patios for spring drinking and dining. Life in Austin is spent 50 percent outdoors, and 50 percent indoors wishing you were outdoors. This spring, kick that outdoor livin' up a notch on one of these 11 great patios around town.