Have you recovered from the post-SXSW blues? Even though the music-filled days (and nights) of SXSW are well behind us, we at CultureMap know that there's still plenty of listening, and discovery, to do.
Chances are you got to catch some new (or new to you) national and international acts during SXSW (hopefully along with a beer and maybe a little sun). But, with so many parties and shows (and RSVPs!), you may have missed some good ol' Texas tunes along the way. That's where CultureMap comes in.
Our first ever Texas Showcase Sampler features tracks from some of Texas' best official showcasing bands from SXSW 2012. And just like SXSW — and the Lone Star State in general — there's something to satiate every musical taste.
Tracks include one of Ben Kweller's latest releases, a tune from Quiet Company (who just raked in 10 accolades at the Austin Music Awards), some solid rock n' roll from Heartless Bastards and even a little modern outlaw country from Crooks.
CultureMap's Texas Showcase Sampler is completely free to download, just follow this link. Here's the full lineup of the 2012 Texas Showcase Sampler (rock, blues and outlaws included):
- Guy Forsyth: "If I Was Sick"
- Uncle Lucius: "Ain't It The Same"
- The Wheeler Brothers: "Spent Time"
- Carolyn Wonderland: "Victory of Flying"
- Heartless Bastards: "Parted Ways"
- Crooks: "18 Wheels"
- Not in the Face: "Brass Tacks"
- Quiet Company: "You, Me & The Boatman"
- The Black and White Years: "Up!"
- Mother Falcon: "Fireflies"
- Marmalakes: "Geneva Hall"
- SPEAK: "Carrie"
- Ben Kweller: "Jealous Girl"
Download your copy of CultureMap's Texas Showcase Sampler here. It's one way to kick the post-SXSW blues.