Editor's note: As we round out of the week, let's take a look at the stories that got Austin buzzing these past seven days. From new real estate to new beer gardens, here CultureMap's most popular stories of the week.
1. Crown jewel of Austin's trendy South Congress strip now for sale. The gorgeous new Kendra Scott headquarters is hitting the market. After a major renovation in 2018, the 1920 building on the corner of South Congress Avenue and Milton Street is now available to the highest bidder. Just how much are they asking? Reps are staying mum...
2. New family-friendly beer garden pours into way South Austin. This part of the city is so popular with families, yet is often overlooked by hospitality projects searching for a buzzier locale. Well raise a glass 'cause that's about the change when a new family-friendly beer spot opens later this year.
3. Austin chefs dominate list of prestigious James Beard Award finalists. For years Austin had a reputation as nothing but a Tex-Mex town with a barbecue problem. Well not anymore. This year, three out of the five chefs shortlisted for James Beard Awards Best Chef Southwest were from Austin. (Sorry Houston and Dallas.)
4. Classic Austin cafe sings new tune with opening of healthy all-day restaurant. What do you when you're a stalwart Austin restaurant, ready to open a new concept, and your most famous dishes are queso and pancakes? If you're Kerbey Lane, you surprise everyone and open an entirely new concept dedicated to healthful fare.
5. Homegrown CBD company opens new shop and cannabis center in East Austin. Mineral, a chic CBD company based in Austin, has just opened the company's first shop and community center on East Sixth Street. Aside from selling its products, Mineral also plans on hosting community events, classes, and more.