Even in the Live Music Capital of the World we can use a spring-time excuse to get over the work week hump. Enter: The Wine Down. Returning this week, The Wine Down is ACL Live's answer to the mid-week slump with a focus on libations and music in an unbeatable outdoor setting.
Each Wednesday this spring, downtown dwellers and music-loving Austinites are invited to head to the ACL Live front porch for special live music performances, food from a local restaurant (rotating each week), and, of course, wine (presented by Rex Goliath Wines, happy hour wine specials will be available). The early evening celebrations run from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. each Wednesday and continue through June 5.
The Austin Convention and Visitors Bureau (ACVB) returns as a Wine Down partner this season, bringing with it a host of musicians that represent the diversity of Austin's sound. All featured artists playing the Wine Down are also highlighted on the ACVB's Austin Music Volume 12 compilation, to be released in late spring.
“We’re thrilled to be part of The Wine Down music series again this year and to showcase the bands on Austin Music Volume 12," said Amanda Garcia, Music Industry Manager at The Austin Convention and Visitors Bureau. “The compilation gives a glimpse at Austin’s diverse music scene and having ACL Live feature and celebrate local talent weekly is surely an event to look forward to."
The full lineup of local music and local fare for The Wine Down's 2013 season is as follows:
- April 3: Omar & The Howlers with bites from III Fork
- April 10: Side Show Tragedy with bites from Cantina Laredo
- April 17: Pachanga presents Este Vato with bites from Hickory Street
- April 24: Emily Bell with bites from Pelóns Tex Mex
- May 1: Suite 709 with bites from Bonneville
- May 8: Whiskey Shivers with bites from Trace
- May 15: Jitterbug Vipers with bites from Coal Vines
- May 22: The Boxing Lesson with bites from Crú
- May 29: Dana Falconberry with bites from Frank
- June 6: Ruby Jane with bites from La Condesa
The Wine Down is free and open to the public each Wednesday from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. More information is available through ACL Live.