Editor's note: As Mark Twain once said, "Don't like the weather? Wait five minutes." Granted he was talking about New England, but the same can be applied to Central Texas this weekend. Whether you're bundling up on Saturday or laying out at Barton Springs on Sunday, take a minute to read through our top stories.
1. Austin's 9 most sophisticated wine spots have us raising a glass. Our nominations for the CultureMap Tastemaker Award for Best Wine Program had everyone in Austin raising a glass. Sip your way through a few this weekend, and then join us on April 12 when we find out the winner during our annual fête at Fair Market.
2. Cult biscuit and doughnut chain drops opening date for Central Austin shop. Rise brings delectable doughnuts and buttery biscuits to Austin beginning April 11. The menu is full of carb-licious delights like jelly doughnuts, maple bacon bars, and more. If you don't like fun things, they also have salad.
3. New private jet service lands at Austin airport with luxe perks. While we may never be able to afford a $26,000 trip to New York City or a $16,000 trip to Aspen, it's nice to know we have the option ... we guess.
4. New data suggests Austin's population boom may be slowing down as Texas' speeds up. The U.S. Census Bureau released population data for 2017, and the number of people moving here is less than years before. Guess now we'll only be able to complain about the traffic.
5. Where to eat in Austin right now: 9 grab-and-go spots for a spring picnic. Whether you're heading to HONK!TX (my personal favorite Austin festival) this weekend or just looking for a cozy meal at home, hit up these spots for when you need the best to-go meals.