Big news in the shoe-gazer rock world: My Bloody Valentine has announced a baby tour through the United States this summer. It will begin in Austin and stop in Dallas as well.
The reclusive band was already scheduled for an appearance at the FYF Fest in Los Angeles. Now, five other cities have been added.
The band is touring in support of their first album in 21 years, the typographically challenged m b v. The last time they toured the U.S. was 2009, a tour that included Austin Music Hall and the Palladium in Dallas. Attendees of that tour were stunned by the ear-rattling volume. Earplugs are a must!
This mini-leg is part of a bigger summer tour that's crossing Europe, where the band will hit a number of major festivals.
My Bloody Valentine 2013 tour dates in the U.S.:
- 08/16 – Austin, TX at Austin Music Hall
- 08/17 – Grand Prairie, TX at Verizon Theatre
- 08/19 – Denver, CO at Ogden Theatre
- 08/21 – Seattle, WA at WaMu Theater
- 08/23 – San Francisco, CA at Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
- 08/25 – Los Angeles, CA at FYF Fest