Editor's note: The weekend is here, even though Wednesday felt like Saturday and Friday felt like Tuesday. Before we recover from the mid-week 4th of July festivities, let's take a peek at this week's hottest headlines.
1. These popular Airbnb rentals are the most coveted in Texas. From West Texas to East Sixth Street, these dreamy spots are among the most popular rentals in Texas. Bookmark the list for your next getaway or just daydream in the office until quitin' time.
2. Where to eat in Austin right now: 3 little restaurants you don't know about yet. Austin loves the next buzzy restaurant, but these three gems are just as good — and still under the radar. Uncover the best bánh mì in town or get down with some serious Northern Italian classics.
3. Domain Northside adds mandatory diversity training following brochure controversy. When a 2017 brochure for the Domain Northside began making the rounds on social media, it caused an uproar. In the latest installment of the brochure brouhaha, the Domain Northside adds mandatory diversity training while the Domain tries to distance itself from its same-name neighbor.
4. Trend of Instagram-worthy interactive art installations snaps into Austin with FOMO Factory. Interactive art installations are sweeping the nation (even Beyonce is doing it). The FOMO Factory billed as Austin's "first immersive selfie experience" with seven different rooms ranging from "birthday party" to a giant ball pit for grown-ups.
5. Austin's newest hotel gem shines in unlikely location. Central Texas' newest boutique hotel isn't on the trendy SoCo strip or downtown. Instead, this one is rocking a whole new spot outside the city limits.