Editor's note: Do you hear that sound in the distance? It's the sound of fall festival season roaring into Austin. With Texas Tribune Festival in full-swing, and Austin City Limits just around the corner, this is the time when Austin really shines. (And gets impossibly busy for everyone.) Before you head out to hit one of the 3,007 activities on your weekend to-do, check out our most popular stories.
1. ACL Music Festival adds new headliners following Childish Gambino cancellation. We don't want to say Dallas ruined this for us ... but Dallas, you ruined this for us.
2. 7 upscale Austin eateries that are dog-friendly and delicious. These aren't your typical places to park it and bark it. From pretty patios to Italian restaurants, all seven spots will welcome your furry friend.
3. UT Austin tackles football stadium renovation and scores major upgrades. DKR Stadium is getting a major refresh before the 2020 Longhorn Football season. Among the upgrades is on-field club seats (and seating near Bevo!) plus a giant Longhorn you can see from the sky.
4. Buzzy CBD cannabis oil company opening tony new Clarksville shop. Central Austin has its first CBD oil joint. Joy Organics opens in Clarksville in early October.
5. New analysis tallies Austin's 5 most popular — and expensive — areas for renters. It's not surprising that Austin's central districts are expensive. What is surprising, however, is how much more renters are willing to pay to call them home.