Editor's note: It's that time again — time to to check in with our top stories of the week. We welcomed the season with the best small Texas towns to celebrate the holidays and ended the week a new restaurant opening in the Hill Country. Here are the rest of the stories that captured Austin's attention over the past seven days.
1. 9 festive Texas towns to visit for a magical holiday experience. These small Texas towns all go big for the holidays, providing the perfect backdrop to fulfill all our Hallmark Channel-fueled Christmas fantasies.
2. Austin million-dollar home sales soar as wealthy buyers flood market. One of the interesting side effects of Austin's growth? A boon in the sale of million-dollar houses. The cause? One realtor cites the “mass exodus” of homeowners from Northern California as the reason.
3. Classic French brasserie with Texas twist flocks to Dripping Springs. Dripping Springs is booming, but this latest news has us downright dreaming of ditching Austin for the sweet Hill Country enclave.
4. This Texas football stadium penalized as one of the worst in college sports. San Antonio has many enviable things, like a rich cultural history, dynamic restaurant scene, and Fiesta. What it does not have, however, is a decent college football stadium.
5. Apple's massive $1 billion North Austin campus boots up opening date and more details. In the hubbub of a presidential visit, seemingly a swirl of gridlock traffic and false Trump tweets, Apple announced it has officially started construction on its new billion-dollar North Austin campus.