Editor's note: Happy post-Thanksgiving, y'all. If you're like us, the house still smells like caramelized onions and there are enough wine bottles in the recycling bin to make any Real Housewife proud. Before you embark on a weekend of turkey sandwiches and passive aggressive remarks, read on for our top stories.
1. New underground speakeasy gets down in Austin's Warehouse District. Austin pub lovers were collectively bummed when Fado closed earlier this year. Lucky for us, a new basement speakeasy is digging into the downtown space just in time for the holidays.
2. Austin sisters light up CBD cannabis oil scene with bright Burnet Road shop. Two local sisters are getting into the CBD cannabis oil game with their bright and airy new shop in North Austin. In addition to tinctures, Restart CBD also sells balms, pet products, and more.
3. Popular Thai restaurant sways into West Lake Hills with new location. Sway, the South First hot spot, is opening its third location, this time in West Austin. Patrons can expect the usual fare along with a Michael Hsu-designed interior and sweeping views of the downtown.
4. Portuguese chicken restaurant spices up burgeoning Austin strip. For owner Pepe Garcia, restaurants are a family affair. Step inside his North Austin restaurant, one of the city's first to offer this popular European cuisine.
5. The legend of Mount Bonnell is a steep climb through Austin's history. This Austin attraction is truly the stuff of legend, with stories stretching back before Texas' statehood. Check out this brief history and then use those fact to amaze friends and family during your next climb.