Editor's note: It's that time again — time to to check in with our top stories of the week. From name changes at one of Austin's biggest concert venues to a swanky new resort at the historic Commodore Perry Estate, here are the five stories that captured Austin's attention over the past seven days.
1. One of Austin's biggest concert venues drives forward with new name in 2020. Circuit of The America's 14,000-seat amphitheater is getting a new name. Beginning next year, the Austin360 Amphitheater will be known as the Germania Insurance Amphitheater. Doesn't quite roll off the tongue...
2. Luxury Central Austin resort revives historic estate with restaurant and private club. The Commodore Perry Estate, a palatial property tucked away off Red River and 41st streets, is finally making her grand debut back into society. The 10,800-square-foot mansion and surrounding property has been transformed into a glam new resort, complete with onsite restaurant, private club, organic farm, and swimming pool.
3. American adds 3 new nonstop flights from Austin to national and international hot spots. American is making a big push into ABIA next year, with three new nonstop flights and expansion to five gates in the Barbara Jordan Terminal. This week, the major air carrier announced three new flights taking off to both national and international destinations.
4. Austin's newest gourmet Neapolitan pizza joint drives into very unexpected location. Austin real estate is expensive, so creatives are getting, well, creative to find space for their projects. Such is the case with Pizzeria Grata, a gourmet, Neapolitan-style pizzeria housed in a South Austin convenience store.
5. What to know about Hestia, downtown Austin's hottest new restaurant. Arguably Austin's most anticipated restaurant of the year has arrived. Take a sneak peek at this beautiful new endeavor from the team behind Emmer & Rye.