Still looking for the perfect Father's Day gift? Our locally sourced gift guide caters to the stylish dad, the outdoorsman, the foodie and the art fanatic.
1. Give your dad the gift that he’ll be bragging about for months: a guided fly fishing trip from Alvin Dedeaux Fly Fishing on the Colorado, San Marcos, Guadalupe or Llano rivers. If he’s looking for Bass or Trout — or even just to work on his casting — they’ll have him covered. Bonus: you can join in on the fun and make lifelong memories together. http://www.alvindedeaux.com/
2. The cooler to end all coolers. Austin’s own Yeti coolers are top of the line, can handle the use and abuse in the great outdoors and will last him a lifetime. The Roadie 20 is shown here. http://yeticoolers.com/
3. Nothing is more fun than playing lawn games with your old man. Put some meat on the grill and set up the pitch for croquet. Similar available at Uncommon Objects. http://www.uncommonobjects.com/
4. Just the thing for gathering around a campfire to tell scary stories. This popcorn set, with the extended handle, will make deliciously perfectly cooked popcorn on the fire. http://www.wholeearthprovision.com/
1. Photographer Kenny Braun’s extensive photo essay in Surf Texas is like a love letter to the third coast. He spent a decade shooting Texas beaches through hurricanes and flat conditions. Created by the University of Texas Press and designed by Pentagram Austin this is a book that will sit proudly on his coffee table. http://utpress.utexas.edu/index.php/books/brasur
2. Spend Father’s Day bonding over Bond. James Bond. As part of the Summer Classic Film Series, the Paramount will be showing Goldfinger on Father’s Day at 2 pm. And for an extra sweet gift give him the Flix Tix Booklet, good for 10 admissions throughout the season.
3. For his home or office the CityFabric Austin Map print is an abstract way to show his love for our beautiful city. https://www.etsy.com/listing/104646239/sale-cityfabric-austin-map-print-blue?ref=shop_home_active_9
4. Let him create art or just capture your next family vacation in style with this Leica C Digital Camera, available at Precision Camera.
1. Detroit-made Shinola watches go back to the time when America made things and purchased high quality products. Shinola watches can be found at By George Men. http://www.bygeorgeaustin.com/
2. Dress up his wrists in subtle flare these beautiful Emmerson Cufflinks in Black Pearl from Kendra Scott. http://www.kendrascott.com/
3. Take him out to Northern Grade pop-up shop this weekend. Located at Fair Market on East Fifth Street, the event will have more than 20 of Austin’s favorite local brands.
4. Even when he’s in the office he’ll be thinking of his next adventure with this Filson tin cloth briefcase. Shown in tan. http://www.stagaustin.com/