1. Written by Dallas Chef Tim Byres and photographed by Jody Horton, Smoke: New Firewood Cooking will teach your dad the art of building flavor through fire. Available by order through Book People.
2. Take your dad out for a special lunch at Salt & Time Butchershop & Salumeria. Their savory, high quality meats will leave him impressed.
3. This herb grinder with a laser etched Texas state and Lone Star will sit with pride in the kitchen. Made in Austin and sold through Etsy.
4. You can't go wrong with Stubb's BBQ sauce; it's a win-win situation for everyone.
1. Give him something he'll appreciate year after year. This limited edition Bluebonnet print by photographer Adam Voorhes will hang with honor in his office. I Love Texas Photo.
2. Get your dad out of his element with glass blowing classes from East Side Glass Studio. If you're lucky maybe he'll make something for you.
3. Spend the day with capturing the spirit of Literature and Sport at one of Austin's most beloved museums, The Harry Ransom Center.
4. Nothing beats watching old fashioned movies with your dad, unless you get a chance to watch one together on the big screen. Playing on June 16 at The Paramount Theatre is The Searchers, Starring John Wayne, Jeffrey Hunter and Natalie Wood.
1. Gone are the days of watching slides on a projector; with the Go Pro Hero 3 you can experience the whole adventure like you were there. Available at Precision Camera.
2. He'll be able to keep his iPad safe and unscratched in this wood grain Jack Spade case. Available at STAG.
3. A gadget from another time, but one he'll appreciate none the less, this Dovo Embony Handle straight razor available at Dandy's Gentlemen Store will keep him classy and clean-shaven.
4 For the dad whose cell phone is always running out of power, a Solar Battery Extender will make sure he'll be able to answer your call. Similar to one available at Whole Earth Provisions.
1. Take a day trip with yourdDad out to Lady Bird Lake with Zilker Park Boat Rentals. Canoe or kayak while you try to spot the turtles and alligator gar that make the lake their home.
2. Everyone's favorite lawn game, Bocce Ball will add some healthy competition to your dad's outdoor get togethers. Similar to one available at Uncommon Objects.
3. For the dad that doesn't have such a green thumb, this succulent planter will bring plant life and beauty into his home. Available at Mockingbird Domestics.
4. Peter Pan Mini Golf is a great time for everyone; take some of the pressure off his golf game and let him have some old fashion fun.