Splendid, the LA-based brand behind some of the softest tees ever to be worn, has officially opened its doors at The Domain and brought a little slice of its signature sunny California vibe with it. To celebrate its newly minted Austin presence — now the retailer's third outpost in Texas — blogger Camille Styles hosted, DJ Johnny Bravvo hit the decks and La Condesa supplied the snacks and libations at an opening party Wednesday evening.
Grand opening festivities aside, though, here are the six things you need to know about The Domain's latest addition — reasons to come see (and shop) it for yourself.
1. Splendid sticks to its design roots. Its spaces are a distinct homage to beachy, Southern California lightness. Not familiar with beachy lightness? It's not quite Malibu luxury and not quite San Diego surfer, but if those two things had a child, that would be it: clean white walls accented with natural wood fixtures and live succulents create a pretty, Pinterest-worthy scene. In case the scattered potted plants didn't fulfill the greenery quota, there's also an entire wall covered in live plants near the entrance.
3. Read this and rejoice: there is a daybed located smack dab in the middle of the store. A daybed. These are the kind of details that let you know they really do care. A daybed is great for many things, including but not limited to: pretending it's kind of like a hammock and chilling out, trying on and studying your feet in the studded ankle boots (in both black and beige!) while lounging about and, most important, giving your man a place to check his email/the score/the weather while you head back to the dressing room.
4. The Austin location offers Splendid, Splendid Girls and Splendid Littles lines (though you'll have to go here for man stuff). Did I mention the shoes yet? Because the boots are super cute and won't break the bank, either. Hint hint.
5. Splendid is staffed by lovely people. It could just be an Austin thing, or it could be some transplanted-California-entity thing, but the staff is noticeably smiley, happy and friendly. By default, this clearly means you, too, will have a smiley, happy, friendly time inside.
6. There's almost a chill in the air. If ever there is a good time to reevaluate the state of your fall basics wardrobe, this is it. Now that Splendid has a standalone store in town, you can rest assured that if you go and restock with the brand's softer-than-soft hoodies, long-sleeved shirts and dressed-up leggings, you'll be the coziest of all — as soon as fall in Texas starts, that is.