Instead of spending hours in the kitchen—both before and after the meal—why not leave the heavy lifting to the experts this Thanksgiving? We've rounded up a few of our favorite local spots where you can do all of the indulging and none of the work. Gobble gobble!
Upscale, Hill Country Classic
- Travaasa Austin. Thanksgiving favorites with a seasonal, local and organic focus. $55 per person (plus tax and additional 18% gratuity). Dinner includes glass of sparkling wine or cider. Menu preview here. No children under 16. Reservations from 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.; 855-868-7282.
- TRIO at the Four Seasons. Buffet featuring traditional Thanksgiving menu items with a Southern twist (andouille/jalapeño cornbread stuffing), kid-friendly buffet (think pizza and chicken tenders) as well as classic seafood and omelette stations. Full menu here. $75 per adult, $20 per child. Reservations from 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.; (512) 685-8300.
- 24 Diner. In addition to their normal comfort-focused offerings, this popular spot will feature a traditional Thanksgiving dinner including meat, choice of two sides and dessert. Additional menu detail here. $24 per person. No reservations. Holiday meal available from 10:30 a.m – 8 p.m., while supplies last.
- Threadgill’s. Featuring a select Thanksgiving menu in addition to usual menu favorites at both locations. Family and individual meals available for takeout. 10:30 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Hoover’s Cooking. Both locations of this local soul food favorite will celebrate Thanksgiving with a special prix fixe menu (think cajun pork roast and candied yams). Full menu here. Family and individual meals also available for takeout. First-come, first-served. 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Corazon at Castle Hill. This inviting neighborhood spot specializes in Southwestern/Mexican cuisine and will have a holiday menu with items like posole blanco and roasted turkey with mole sauce. See full Thanksgiving menu here. $29.95 per person. Book reservations online. 12 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- TRACE at the W. This chic restaurant with farm-to-table focus will feature a three-course prix fixe menu with unique interpretations of classic Thanksgiving fare. Full holiday menu here. $49 per adult, $19 per child. Reservations recommended; (512) 542-3660. 11:30 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Truluck’s. In addition to the normal dinner options, this downtown establishment will be offering a three-course prix fixe holiday menu. $28 per person (not including tax or gratuity). Full menu detail here. Reservations accepted; (512) 482-9000. 5 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Hyde Park Bar & Grill. Keeping with their 20+ year-old tradition, both locations of this Austin classic will be serving up turkey and all the traditional trimmings (like giblet gravy, cornbread stuffing and cranberry relish). Full menu here. $16.95 per person ($12.95 per person for vegetarian option). Served continuously (regular menu not available) from 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- The Driskill Grill . Tucked within the historic Driskill Hotel, The Driskill Grill boasts a fittingly elegant Thanksgiving menu (brunch and dinner), serving inventive renditions of traditional Thanksgiving favorites (like pecan wood smoked turkey with apple cider vinegar and cranberry-orange glazed quail). Full menus here: brunch and dinner. Brunch will be available from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.; $62 per adult, $31 per child. Dinner will be served from 3 p.m. – 8 p.m.; $75 per person. Seating is limited, reservations suggested; (512) 391-7039.
…But if you’re looking for something completely off the Thanksgiving-turkey radar, check out Din-Ho Chinese BBQ, one of the most authentic Chinese restaurants in the Austin area and a consistent crowd-pleaser. Full menu here. (512) 832-8788.