Austin didn't lose any time getting down and dirty with cultural news this week. From the douchiest bars to the future of Austin's "weird" identity, look back at the most-read stories this week and decide what's good, what's bad, and what was left to unfortunate type-casting.
Here are the top five stories from this week.
1. Complex magazine went on record this week with a guide to the 25 douchiest bars in Austin. Sure, Bikini's and The Ranch might border on douchey, but Sholtz's? We beg to differ.
2. Food editor Jessica Dupuy recommends a new French-inspired cafe, an old Austin favorite and an unbeatable pizza parlor for where to eat in January.
3. Are we even surprised that Austin made this list for the drunkest cities?
4. In other food and entertainment news, The Goodnight brings top notch food and vintage-inspired revelry to north central Austin.
5. To reflect on 2012, CultureMap's Caitlin Ryan examines the cultural catch-22 between growth in Austin and maintaining identity.
That's it for this week! Enjoy your weekend, Austin.