In summary, this past week was all about food and drink. Not a surprise, as "food festival season" is just heating up in Austin. We've got the Tastemaker Awards, Austin Food & Wine Fest and half a dozen ancillary events happening around the aforementioned in April.
1. Our Bar Rescue story heated back up as the episode surrounding Head Hunters — ahem, sorry, "Leather and Lace" — aired on Sunday.
2. Ramen is the trend du jour these days, and Austin is stepping up to the plate (er, bowl?) with some competitive dishes.
3. The James Beard Award Foundation released its nominations for its prestigious yearly accolades. Austin saw six.
4. Friday was National Margarita Day, and we've got that list covered.
5. Brunch is now, at long last, a "thing" in Austin. Check out our recommendations.
See you guys next week as we gear up for SXSW.