Editor's note: Another week has come and gone, and there's a lot we all probably missed. But we're looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. Say what? Texas A&M degree deemed more valuable than University of Texas diploma. Although they won't face the University of Texas at Austin on the football field this fall, Texas A&M University and Rice University can both claim victory over UT after being named the second and first most valuable degrees in Texas, respectively. The recently released results from Affordable Colleges Online place UT at No. 3.
2. Lance Armstrong and gorgeous lady friend step out in Colorado's millionaire's playground. In an usual public appearance, Lance Armstrong and steady squeeze Anna Hansen were caught beaming at the ninth annual Aspen Art Museum's ArtCrush fundraiser. Armstrong has maintained a home in the posh millionaire's playground for several years and serves on the Aspen Art Museum board of directors.
3. In-N-Out Burger craze takes over Austin: New location and details emerge. In-N-Out Burger fever is building in Austin. A company rep told KXAN that the chain will open another new In-N-Out Burger in the under-construction Cedar Park Town Center at 183A and Whitestone Boulevard — the third for the greater Austin area.
4. Where to eat in Austin right now: Cool restaurant happy hours and hot ladies nights. We’ve rounded up some refreshing restaurants for August that offer great happy hours, half-price menu nights, value lunches, and a special women’s chef night for a good cause.
5. Meet the fittest man and woman in Austin. Each month, CultureMap features an exclusive story from Austin Fit Magazine. This month, the magazine introduces us to the 10 fittest men and women in Austin. Meet overall winners Greg Cook and Judy McElroy, who just might inspire you to work out.