Whether you're slipping on your rainboots and heading to Zilker Park, driving to Dallas or just kicking back with friends this weekend, you should read these top stories first. That way, if you run into Jeff Tweedy, he'll find your topical knowledge of current events very impressive and may even ask you to join Wilco. You just never know.
1. A judge ruled that Lustre Pearl must pay more than $40,000 or face 45 days without a liquor license. The ruling came in a case in which the Rainey Street bar was found responsible for overserving a patron who later drove into Lady Bird Lake, killing her passenger. The bar has decided to pay the fine.
2. Two brand-spanking-new Austin bars landed on Zagat's Hottest Bars list this week.
3. ACL Fest certainly makes our city money, but is the same formula year after year getting tiresome?
4. Sports Illustrated discussed the quick and dirty fall of UT athletics.
5. Flip through the flowery fashionistas of Austin City Limits Festival.