When Austinites can't get to their favorite food, they make sure the food gets to them, thanks to a multitude of handy delivery options.
This week, Austin's homegrown delivery service Favor reached a big milestone: 5 million total orders served in Texas. Co-founders Ben Doherty and Zac Maurais launched the service, which promises to delivery anything, in Austin in 2013; it is now available in 14 other Texas cities.
Since its launch, Austin customers have ordered 358,209 tacos and "enough Topo Chicos to fill 11,603 cowboy hats." In honor of its 5 million orders, Favor shared with CultureMap the top 10 dishes and tacos Austinites have requested over the past four years.
10 most popular food orders:
- Green chile queso and chips from Torchy's Tacos
- Fries from P. Terry's
- Kerbey Queso from Kerbey Lane Cafe
- Chicken sandwich from Chick-fil-A
- Tomato basil soup from Soup Peddler
- Honey Butter Chicken Biscuit from Whataburger
- Fries from Shake Shack
- Garlic naan from Tarka Indian Kitchen
- Box combo from Raising Cane's
- Buffalo chicken cheese fries from Fat Sal's Deli
10 most popular tacos:
- Trailer Park taco made "trashy" from Torchy's Tacos
- Otto Taco from Tacodeli
- Crunchy taco from Taco Bell
- Taco from Jack-in-the-Box
- Migas taco from Veracruz All Natural
- Steak taco from OneTaco
- Longhorn taco from Kesos Taco House
- Grilled chicken taco from Qdoba
- Bacon, egg, and cheese taco from Kerbey Lane Cafe
- Al pastor taco from Art of Tacos - Al Pastor Taco
Five wackiest things Austinites have ordered:
- "Enough salsa that you start to feel weird picking it up"
- A knock on the door to wake up a friend for their flight
- 20 cowboy hats
- 100 large crickets
- 3 bales of hay