Juan In A Million, the East Austin restaurant made famous for serving hearty breakfast tacos and even heartier handshakes, suffered more than $10,000 in damages when a fire broke out on the premises on Monday evening.
The fire began after a stove was left on, according to the Austin American-Statesman, who first reported the story. Firefighters responded to the call around 6 pm, and reported that they were able to extinguish the fire within 15 minutes of arriving on the scene. While the building did receive significant damage due to smoke, no injuries were reported.
In order to begin repairs, the restaurant will be closed on Tuesday, marking the first time Juan In A Million has closed on a business day in its 34-year history.