In what is a big coup for Zoës Kitchen, the healthy Texas-based restaurant chain has teamed up with American Airlines with a menu of healthy meal options for sale for customers in the main cabin. So sorry, first class.
The new menu was designed in collaboration with Zoës head chef and culinary VP Antonio Iocchi, and includes signature dishes such as its hummus, as well as items that are unique for American Airlines.
According to a release, the new items will be available for purchase on most domestic flights longer than three hours beginning December 1.
American Airlines VP Janelle Anderson says in a statement that the partnership is in response to customer requests. "Our customers have asked for lighter, tasty food choices," she says. "This collaboration ... provides an innovative, fresh approach to onboard offerings."
Zoës Kitchen CEO Kevin Miles has a quote, too: "Our goal in our restaurants is to provide delicious, wholesome food, inspired by the flavors of the Mediterranean, and for our guests to feel good and motivated to live life to the fullest after dining with us."
The new items include:
- Breakfast Sandwich: Turkey bacon, egg slices, tomato, and arugula on a waffle brioche bun with Calabrian pepper aioli.
- Continental Breakfast Box: Belgian waffle, hazelnut spread, and fresh berries.
- The Grüben: Zoës' signature sandwich (and you can tell it's a signature because of the ü) with sliced turkey, Manchego cheese, Mediterranean slaw, and feta spread layered on marble wheat bread, served with a Zoës chocolate chip cookie.
- Chicken Wrap: Grilled chicken wrap with mozzarella, tomato, arugula, and artichokes, served with a Zoës chocolate chip cookie.
- Hummus Duo: Zoës signature hummus duo, including their classic flavor topped with Kalamata olives, and basil pesto hummus — served with pita bread, cucumber, and carrot.
American will continue to offer its fruit and cheese plate and breakfast platter, in addition to the new Zoës options.
Throughout 2019, American and Zoës will continue to collaborate and introduce additional items in the main cabin, as well as domestic first-class service.