Links We Love
Ashton Kutcher's shockingly mature speech and more links we love right now
Editor's note:There's so much that's beautiful, funny, smart and informative on the Internet. Problem is, there's also a bunch of garbage. Here's the best of the web right now.
1. Ashton Kutcher gives a shockingly mature speech to a screaming crowd of little girls. At the MTV Teen Choice Awards, Kutcher not only reveals that his real name is Chris, but he talks about working hard, doing jobs no one else wants to, and how to build a life instead of just living one. He also weighs in on how to be sexy, which results in many ear-piercing screams from the audience.
2. Little girl sings her heart out to Elvis. Ella Mae isn't even 2 years old yet, and she's already got a hit video with more than 1 million views on YouTube. The whole thing is pretty stinking adorable, but skip to the two-minute mark for some of Ella's best moves.
3. Twenty iconic black and white photographs now available in color. Reddit is full of wonders, and the thriving subreddit Colorized History is but one example.
4. Strong contender for worst parenting video of the year award. Lest we get too positive and uplifting with these links, take a look at this video from across the pond. It's the perfect combination of parental exasperation, profanity and sheer embarrassment.
5. CIA finally admits Area 51 exists but no one really cares. Once upon a time, the American people thought the government's biggest secret was what went on at Area 51. But after finding out that the NSA systematically spies on all our communication with the blessing of a secret court, no one really cares that Area 51 exists. Nice try, Big Brother.